- Take a campus tour or attend an Open House.
- Submit an online application.
- Applicant visits the school. See visit details by grade below.
- You will be notified of your application status within one week of visit date, except for Junior & Senior Kindergarten and Grade 6 & 7 applicants who have separate admissions mornings.
- Availability of space
- Balanced classes
- Sibling placement
Submit a Completed Application
- Applications can be completed online, or are available to download. Please note Grade 6 & 7 applications must be submitted by Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Non-refundable application fee of $150. The fee for students applying from outside of Canada is $300. (Online payment instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.)
- Photograph of applicant
- Copies of the previous two years’ final school report cards and any reports from the current year
- Copies of any professional assessments
- Copies of any tutoring reports
Once an application is received, a member of our Admissions team will be in contact to arrange a school visit for your child. Please click on a grade below to learn more about the admissions visit.
Junior & Senior Kindergarten
All JK & SK applicants will attend a ‘JK & SK Days’ session at Montcrest. Applicants will take part in a short morning session in the JK or SK classroom and outdoor learning area. Applicants will work with the JK or SK teachers, and engage in carefully crafted play-based activities, designed to show school readiness. During the session, parents are invited to enjoy coffee and a short presentation about getting the best start to early years education at Montcrest School.
All JK & SK sessions are held from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. Please contact our Admissions Team to arrange a date for a ‘JK & SK Days’ visit.
- Friday, December 6th, 2019
- Friday, January 24th, 2020
- Thursday, February 13th, 2020
- Friday, March 27th, 2020
- Thursday, April 30th, 2020
- Friday, May 22nd, 2020
Applicants will attend a morning visit (8:45 – 11:30 a.m.) with the Senior Kindergarten class. This provides prospective students with the opportunity to interact with students and staff and take part in our broad and balanced curriculum. During a visit, we work with students to explore their level of proficiency in literacy and numeracy.
Grades 2 to 5 & Grade 8
Applicants visit the classroom for a full day (8:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) This provides prospective students with the unique opportunity to experience a day in the life of Montcrest and to interact with students and staff. Teachers work closely with visiting students to learn more about their level of proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Grades 6 & 7
Grade 6 and 7 applications must be submitted by Friday, December 6, 2019.
Grade 6 Applicants – Register for a Grade 6 Admissions Morning on:
Grade 7 Applicants – Register for a Grade 7 Admissions Morning below:
Application decisions will be received by the end of February.
The Grade 6 & 7 Admissions Mornings will include the following:
- A tour of the school with current Grade 6 or 7 students
- An interview with a staff member
- An academic evaluation in reading, writing, and mathematics
- A collaborative problem-solving activity in small groups
- School supplies and snacks will be provided
Online Payment Information
We are delighted to advise you that the Business Office at Montcrest School accepts electronic payment for application fees, tuition and aftercare payments from the following banking institutions:
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Bank of Montreal
- Royal Bank
- President’s Choice Financial
Go to your online banking institution website. Under Bill Payment look for Payee Name.
You will find us under the PAYEE NAME: Montcrest School
Your online account number is the first four letters of your child’s surname, followed by 001.
(Example: Smith would be SMIT001)
The initial days
The first 100 days of 2018-19 at Montcrest School depicted in daily one second videos.