Small Class Program
Montcrest’s Small Class program offers a smaller student-teacher ratio in a supportive setting, specifically designed to meet the needs of students with assessed learning needs.
Students’ unique learning profiles are at the forefront of curriculum programming to ensure that students are able to access the Ontario Curriculum through classroom accommodations and modifications.
Highly qualified teachers provide a student-centred approach to learning where students develop academically, socially and emotionally in a nurturing and supportive environment. In the smaller setting, students’ needs are met in a proactive and responsive manner while building foundational skills, including independence and collaborative abilities, through an inquiry-based program.
Specialized Small Class programming includes, but is not limited to:
- 8:1 Student:Teacher ratio
- Working with trained faculty in Special Education
- Modified academic programming in Mathematics and Language
- Specialized Mathematic, Reading and Writing interventions
- Access to Montcrest’s Learning Support faculty for 1:1 and/or small group instruction
- Optional Grade 7-8 French exemption for additional academic support