Ways to Give
Montcrest is a registered charitable organization and is recognized as such by the Canada Revenue Agency.
All donations will be gratefully acknowledged with an official donation receipt for income tax purposes.
Registered Charitable No. 11904-4741-RR0001
Gifts to Montcrest can be directed to the following:
- Montcrest Initiatives Fund – Gifts will be directed to the most vital and strategic area to enhance the Montcrest experience for our students:
- Transform teaching & learning experiences by investing in hands-on learning materials and professional development for faculty and staff.
- Continue to enhance our facilities and unique campus
- Elaine Danson Bursary – The Elaine Danson Bursary is named in honour of Elaine Danson, one of Montcrest’s former Heads of School. Gifts support current families whose financial situations have changed, and new families whose child would benefit from attending Montcrest.
- Taber Family Bursary – The Taber Family Bursary was established to honour the memory and spirit of the Taber Family. Through the bursary, the Taber Family’s kindness and generosity will continue to have a positive impact on Montcrest families and students in need.
There are many ways to give to Montcrest:
- Gifts can be made online.
- By cheque payable to “Montcrest School”. Download Montcrest’s pledge form.
- By phone to Michael Dilworth, Director of Advancement, at 416-469-2008 ext. 5018.
Gifts can be divided into manageable monthly payments.
Gifts can be pledged to be paid over a number of years.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Gifts of stock are exempt from capital gains tax when donated to Montcrest School (a registered charitable organization). Click here for a transfer form to donate stocks or securities.
To make a planned or estate gift, please contact Michael Dilworth, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com or by phone at 416-469-2008 ext. 5018.
United Way Contributions for Montcrest
Your United Way contribution can be directed to Montcrest School at your request.
Many employers offer matching charitable gift programs, and will match up to three times your gift to Montcrest.
Individuals, companies, and foundations having U.S. source income can support Montcrest School by making a gift through FRISBE (Friends of Independent Schools and Better Education). All gifts made through FRISBE will be passed on to Montcrest as unrestricted donations. FRISBE is a registered 501 (c) (3) organization with the IRS (Federal Tax # 91-1216755) U.S. taxpayers will receive a charitable deduction for their gifts.
- NOTE: Please make your cheque payable to “FRISBE” (in the memo section, please indicate that your gift should be directed to benefit Montcrest School).
- Mail your U.S. cheque with direction to:
Attn: Karl Anderson
811 N Karl Johan Avenue
- Please also send a copy of your donation letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Director of Advancement
658 Broadview Ave.
Toronto, ON, M4K 2P1